Internship Program (UK)
GreenGen is seeking recent graduate and undergraduate degree candidates with a passion for engineering, cleantech, and real estate who can bring demonstrated knowledge of energy efficiency technologies, renewable energy, energy procurement, or real estate asset management to our team. Unique skills in energy modeling, engineering and design, control systems, data analytics, or building surveying are a plus. We will consider candidates with any background, provided that the candidate can effectively express how they can create value for our team and how they can learn from their experience with GreenGen UK.
The goal of the internship program is primarily to help interns develop skills and knowledge that will aid them in professional careers in the energy efficiency industry. This experience will help prepare the intern to develop an understanding of how to create value through reducing operating costs in existing buildings, and will give the intern a sense of what it is like to work in our industry.
We seek interns for the summer, as well as for the fall and spring semesters. High-performing interns may be offered a full-time position upon completion of the internship.
Please understand that we are not able to sponsor visas or to accept applicants who are not already permitted to live and work in the UK.
Education and Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing or recently obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant field – electrical engineering; mechanical engineering; environmental engineering; building science; finance; or business administration
- Working knowledge of energy efficiency and/or sustainability in the built environmentDegree-qualified, ideally at a Masters level in a relevant field – Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Physics; Building Science – or at least 10 years' practical experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; highly proficient in Excel
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Superlative quantitative analysis abilities
- Ability to present analysis in understandable and compelling formats
- Clear and effective written communication, including technical writing
- Strong interpersonal and client communications skills
- Ability to collaborate with a team and also to take initiative and work independently
- Practical experience in energy reduction concepts, calculations, and energy modeling.
- Knowledge of large buildings and their mechanical and electrical systems, particularly M&E systems
- Working knowledge of at least one European language (French, Spanish, or German) in addition to EnglishProficiency in MS Office Suite; highly proficient in Excel
Responsibilities (specific duties will change with each project):
- Collaborating with the Solutions team in identifying energy efficiency opportunities, designing solutions, and calculating the energy savings potential of individual energy conservation measures
- Using energy models to help calculate potential energy savings
- Assisting with data entry and utility data analysis
- Attending webinars and training sessions to learn about energy efficiency technologies
- Researching the availability and terms of energy efficiency incentive programs
- Researching emerging technologies in support of other members of the team
- Preparing sections of reports and presentations for clients
- Additional duties as assigned
Position is based in W1, London, UK. Intern must be willing to travel to client locations within the UK.